Here are some tips to bear in mind when looking for property to buy in the Alps.
- Get a clear understanding of the French buying process and your paperwork
- Keep an open mind during your property search so as not to miss out on any possibilities
- Establish any hidden costs
- Get general local knowledge of the Rhones Alpes or the Languedoc Roussillon regions and research the area of interest, winter and summer alike
- Find out what properties are available within your budget & make sure you get a broad picture of available properties on the market
- Speak to people who have already purchased in this area.
- Ensure you are working with reputable, registered companies
- Understand the pros and cons of getting a French mortgage
- Check your insurance responsibilities